Supervising professional experience
The Queensland Professional Experience Reporting Framework
The Queensland Professional Experience Reporting Framework has been developed by representatives of:
- the Department of Education and Training
- Independent Schools Queensland
- the Queensland Catholic Education Commission
- the Queensland College of Teachers
- the Queensland Deans of Education Forum
to provide consistency and clarity across state and non-state school sectors by introducing a streamlined and moderated approach to the assessment of professional experience in Queensland.
The QCT has produced a companion document to further support supervising teachers in making evidence-based, consistent decisions and providing constructive feedback about the preservice teachers’ demonstration of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (Graduate career stage).
Assessing the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers Graduate career stage: Evidence guide for teachers supervising professional experience placements in Queensland schools (PDF, 4654KB).
The Framework comprises the following key tools and resources, available from the Education Queensland website:
Resources for supervising teachers
Other resources available to assist supervising teachers to support and assess preservice teachers during professional experience placements, and to build knowledge and skills in mentoring include:
- Project Evidence – website with a range of information, activities and resources to support the school and university-based teacher educators and preservice teachers engaged in the professional experience component of initial teacher education
- Teaching Performance Assessment (TPA) – From 2019, preservice teachers in the final year will need to successfully complete a TPA for graduation in Queensland initial teacher education (ITE) courses.