Your RTT condition checkup
Based on your situation, you must complete a Returning to Teaching (RTT) program.
Why am I doing this?
Teachers with an RTT condition have declared they have not met recency of practice (teaching for 100 days) in a previous five-year renewal period. An RTT condition does not imply a reduction in status or credentials as a registered teacher.
The RTT condition simply ensures that teachers who have had a significant absence from teaching (or have had irregular contact with schools) have their knowledge and skills brought up to date.
This helps maintain the integrity of the profession and helps teachers feel more confident as they return.
What is the RTT program?
- QCT Professional boundaries / Code of Ethics / Employer code of conduct
- Key Legislation – Child Protection Act 1999; Work Health & Safety Act 2011
- Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- Plus (if you are an early childhood teacher):
- Education & Care Services National Law
Context and role specific elements
- Australian Curriculum; QCAA Kindergarten guidelines; senior secondary assessment expectations
- Diverse student learning needs; differentiation; support for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander students; support for cultural and linguistic diversity
- Recording, reporting, and student management requirements
Teacher specific elements
- Digital literacy and pedagogical skills
- Behaviour management; mental health in children and adolescents; trauma
- Leadership programs
- Interpretation of student data to differentiate teaching
- Ongoing commitment to CPD activities as directed by the principal
* A full list of topics can be viewed in your myQCT account.
** The program requires a minimum of 20 hours of relevant professional development and can contribute to your Continuing Professional Development requirements
How do I complete it?
Your username is your registration number.
Click on Forgot Login Details if you have forgotten your password.
3. Complete activities as specified above
4. Log activities and review condition
You have 12 months from your first day of teaching after your RTT condition was applied to complete the RTT program. (This includes relief or contract teaching.)
But what if I’m late?
Complete the RTT pathway immediately and notify us when you have completed it.
You run the risk of your registration not being renewed if you do not meet your registration condition.
General RTT information video
The below video provides general information about the RTT condition