Excellence in Teaching
Sponsored by Teachers Mutual Bank
- More than four years of service in a Queensland school or early childhood setting delivering the QCAA Kindergarten Learning Guideline or C&K Building Waterfalls kindergarten guideline.
- Nominees must be registered with the QCT and be employed in teaching duties in a state or non-state school in Queensland.
- Teachers, heads of department, heads of curriculum, heads of special education services, deputy principals & principals may be nominated.
- Self-nominators are not eligible but nominees may clarify achievements.
- QCT Board members and staff are not eligible for nomination.
One nominator required from teaching colleagues, department heads, principals, students, parents or parent groups must provide a response to the criteria below.
The nominated teacher's school principal must provide a statement to verify the bona fides of the supporting information.
Another education official should provide a statement to verify the bona fides of a nomination by or of a principal.
The Australian Professional Standards for Teachers provides a guide to assist nominators describe a teacher's skills, knowledge and abilities with the following criteria:
- draws on a body of professional knowledge and research to respond to the needs of students in his/her educational context
- makes learning engaging and valuable, and operates effectively at all stages of the teaching and learning cycle
- demonstrates commitment to learning, and professionalism in all interactions with students, colleagues, parents/carers and the community.
Award recipient receives $5000 for professional development.
Finalists receive $500 for professional development.