Teachers currently registered elsewhere in Australia or New Zealand
Applicants who have registration in another Australian state or territory (except New South Wales) or in New Zealand may apply for registration in Queensland under
the Mutual Recognition (Queensland) Act 1992 or the Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition (Queensland) Act 2003.
If you hold current registration in one or more of these other jurisdictions, you should complete the Application for Registration under Mutual Recognition. Documentary evidence of current registration in another jurisdiction is also required with the application.
The Queensland College of Teachers recognises teacher registration from the following jurisdictions:
- ACT Teacher Quality Institute
- New Zealand Teachers Council
- Teacher Registration Board of the Northern Territory
- Teachers Registration Board of South Australia
- Teachers Registration Board Tasmania
- Victorian Institute of Teaching
- Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia