Applying for Teacher Registration
Information for new applicants
For an overview of teacher registration eligibility requirements please read the policy for teacher registration eligibility requirements.
Applicants currently registered in other Australian states and territories or New Zealand (excluding New South Wales) will apply under the mutual recognition provision.
1. Print the 'application for teacher registration guidelines' from the link below to assist when filing in your application.
2. Set up a QCT online services account via the 'apply online for teacher registration' button below. (once you have done this you will receive your username and password from us via email. use these details to log into your QCT online account).
3. Fill in the online form, submit to QCT and make your payment.
4. Print the application form. Sign the form having your signature witnessed by a Justice of the Peace (or equivalent).
5. Have all accompanying documentation certified, post documents and completed application form to QCT. (please note: faxed or scanned documents are not accepted).
6. When the QCT receives your application form, requested documents and fees, we will begin assessment of your application.
Please note that you will only be contacted if we require further information from you.
Legislation requirements of Registration
Applicants will need to meet the requirements of registration. Applicants who do not meet the academic requirements may be eligible to apply under s8(1)(a)(ii) and s9(1)(a)(ii) of the Education Queensland (Queensland College of Teachers) Act 2005.