Applying for Teacher Registration
Information for new applicants
For an overview of teacher registration eligibility requirements please read the policy for teacher registration eligibility requirements.
If you are currently registered in another Australian state or territory, or New Zealand you can apply for registration under mutual recognition.
Refer to the fact sheets below to help you through the application process.
- Applying for teacher registration fact sheet
- Applying for teacher registration under mutual recognition fact sheet
- Reapplying at the end of four-years' provisional registration guidelines
(You will need to go through the application process. Contact the QCT for details of documentation held.)
2. Set up a myQCT Online Services Account via the 'apply online for teacher registration' button below. Once you have done this you will receive your username and password in an email. If you have previously applied or held registration in Queensland, you may already have an account. If you do not know your username and password, contact the QCT.
3. Log in to your myQCT Online Services Account, then complete and submit the online application form.
4. Pay the required fee. It will be calculated for you.
5. You will receive an email after submitting your online application
6. Post all required documents to the QCT. Faxed or scanned documents are not accepted. Refer to the fact sheets for further instructions about documentation.
7. Assessment of your application will not begin until the QCT receives all required documentation and fees.
You will be contacted by email if we require further information from you.