Applying for Teacher Registration
Information for new applicants
For an overview of teacher registration eligibility requirements please read the policy for teacher registration eligibility requirements.
Applicants currently registered in other Australian states and territories or New Zealand (excluding New South Wales) will apply under the mutual recognition provision.
Refer to the fact sheets below to help you through the application process.
(If this applies to you, while you need to go through the application process, some documentation may already be held by the QCT.)
2. Set up a myQCT Online Services Account via the 'apply online for teacher registration' button below. Once you have done this you will receive your username and password in an email. If you have previously applied or held registration in Queensland, you may already have an account. If you do not know your username and password, contact the QCT.
3. Log in to your myQCT Online Services Account, then complete and submit the online application form.
4. Pay the required fee. It will be calculated for you.
5. Post all required documents to the QCT. Faxed or scanned documents are not accepted. Refer to the fact sheets for further instructions about documentation.
6. Assessment of your application will not begin until the QCT receives all required documentation and fees.
You will be contacted by email if we require further information from you.