Access keys | Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |
Problems viewing this site

Queensland College of Teachers

Online Services Account

Criminal History Check

Upon application, the QCT requests an Australian criminal history check from the Queensland Police Service, unless the applicant declares that they are the holder of a blue card issued by the Public Safety Business Agency (PSBA), and previously the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian.  The criminal history check fee is paid as part of the application fee.

Should an applicant declare that they hold a blue card the QCT liaises with the PSBA to confirm the validity of the blue card and whether further screening is required.  The PSBA employment screening fee is paid as part of the application fee.  Should the PSBA advise that further screening is required the QCT must request an Australian criminal history check from the Queensland Police Service. In such cases applicants will be asked for payment of the criminal history check fee before their application can be progressed.

Overseas criminal history check

Applicants who have lived overseas for 12 months or more within the last ten years will need to provide the QCT with a suitable criminal history check from each country they have resided in for 12 months or longer.

The certificate must cover the entire time you lived in that country after the age of 18.

Procedures for obtaining clearance vary between countries as does the cost. In most cases an application needs to be completed. Details and forms can generally be obtained from the local embassy for that country.

Other useful addresses commonly requested are as follows. Please note that this list is updated when we are informed of contact detail changes:


Other contact addresses are as outlined below for the countries shown.



For more information on obtaining a police certificate through the RCMP, please refer to


Apply for a ‘Police Certificate of Character’
Residents apply in person at local Garda station at place of residence.
Garda Headquarters can provide contact details for local Garda stations.
Non-residents apply by mail by writing to the Superintendent in charge of district covering the area of the applicant’s principal place of former residence in Ireland.

New Zealand

Applications must be made using form F1 and the request must be for a Full Record of Convictions (the Full Record of Convictions box on form F1 must be ticked). Forms can be obatined from

South Africa

Apply to the Criminal Record Centre, South African Police, Private Bag X308, Pretoria, 0001. For more information, please refer to

UK & Northern Ireland

If your last address in the UK was in Suffolk, Norfolk or the Metropolitan Police Area, go to the Metropolitan Police website at .  Click on the relevant form ACRO SA1
Complete the application form "Data Protection Act 1988 - SUBJECT ACCESS APPLICATION" .
If you have lived elsewhere in the UK, you can apply for a Police Certificate from the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) on their website:


The QCT will require you to provide a certified copy of a national police certificate issued by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and not local/provincial police services.

For more information on obtaining a police certificate through the FBI, please refer to

Other countries

You must make your own enquiries about obtaining a police certificate either from the police in that country or the nearest embassy as appropriate.
Further information is available from the following website


If you are unable to provide a police certificate please contact the QCT using the following link