Promoting the Profession
One of the QCT's functions is to promote the teaching profession to the public. We do this by:
- encouraging quality entrants into the teaching profession
- enhancing the commitment of existing teachers and
- increasing public appreciation of teachers.
The QCT's key activities to promote the teaching profession include:
- Research Grants for Teachers
- World Teachers’ Day
- a newsletter for teachers
- Excellence in Teaching Awards
The QCT enjoys mutually beneficial partnerships with the QT Mutual Bank Limited (QTMB), Teachers' Union Health Fund (TUH) & The Courier-Mail. Through this sponsorship, QTMB, TUH & The Courier-Mail support the QCT's initiatives to promote the teaching profession and foster positive public perception of teachers.