Promoting the Profession
The Queensland College of Teachers (the QCT) aims to promote the teaching profession (Section 232 of the Education (Queensland College of Teachers) Act 2005) by:
- encouraging quality entrants into the teaching profession
- enhancing the commitment of existing teachers and
- increasing public appreciation of teachers.
The QCT has identified a number of key activities through which to promote the teaching profession. These include:
- Research Grants for Teachers
- World Teachers’ Day
- a newsletter for teachers
- a School Showcase Initiative
- Excellence in Teaching Awards
The QCT enjoys mutually beneficial partnerships with the QT Mutual Bank Limited (QTMB), Teachers' Union Health Fund (TUH) & The Courier-Mail. Through this sponsorship, QTMB, TUH & The Courier-Mail support the QCT's initiatives to promote the teaching profession and foster positive public perception of teachers.