Professional Practice and Conduct Committee
Terms of Reference
- To consider disciplinary matters referred to it by the QCT (s.97);
- To receive the reports of investigations authorised by the QCT (s.201);
- To authorise an investigation if it believes further information is required before it can decide a disciplinary matter. (s.109);
- To hear and decide disciplinary matters requiring only minor disciplinary action (i.e. issuing a warning or reprimand or accepting an undertaking from a teacher) (s.95,105);
- To refer a matter to the Teachers Disciplinary Committee if it reasonably believes that, if the allegation were proven, major disciplinary action (such as cancellation or suspension of registration/permission to teach, imposition of a condition or conditions on registration/permission to teach, payment of a fine or the imposition of costs) could be warranted. (s.115,160); and
- To determine suitability to teach issues relating to applications for registration or permission to teach, or for the renewal of registration or permission to teach.
The PP&C committee must consist of 3 members of the Board of the QCT.
Of the 3 committee members—
(a) 2 must be registered teachers; and
(b) 1 must not be a registered teacher.
The QCT must appoint 1 of the committee members to be the committee’s chairperson.