The QCT Office is in the Brisbane suburb of Toowong. The QCT acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land where its office is located, the Turrbul People, and pays its respects to their Elders past, present and future.
The function of the Office of the QCT is to assist the QCT in the performance of its functions. The Office of the QCT assists the Board of the QCT across the following areas –
- Registration – teacher registration and renewal of registration, permission to teach, returning to teaching, compliance with the Act.
- Legal and Professional Conduct - complaints, investigations, review and appeal processes, disciplinary matters and supporting disciplinary and review committees.
- Professional Standards – establishes and maintains Professional Standards and related policy such as Continuing Professional Development and relevant research.
- Corporate Services – IT, Human Resources, Facilities and Finance.
- Office of the Director - promotion of the profession, Board secretariat services, support to Director and Chair.
The staff of the Office consists of the Director and some 51 full-time equivalent permanent and temporary staff members. As public service employees, staff members are bound by the Code of Conduct for the Queensland Public Service. The Director has all of the functions and powers of a chief executive officer and is responsible for the efficient and effective administration and operation of the Office.