Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Framework explained
As required under the Education (Queensland College of Teachers) Act 2005, section 30 (1), the Queensland College of Teachers (QCT) has developed a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Framework*.
The purpose of the Continuing Professional Development Framework is to recognise the importance of teacher engagement in continuing professional development and to outline the expectations for renewal of registration.
To view the Continuing Professional Development Framework Click here
This CPD Framework has regard to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers and states the type of CPD required and the minimum amount of CPD a fully registered teacher must undertake.
For renewal of registration every five years, fully registered teachers must have undertaken the annual CPD required under the CPD Framework. Details of all renewal requirements can be found in the Renewal of Teacher Registration in Queensland Fact Sheet.
- The 'Online CPD recording tool' assists teachers to record their Continuing Professional Development (CPD). The tool can also be accessed through 'On line services' at the top right of this page. You need your registration number and password to log in. (If you need a password, or have forgotten yours, you can use the login details retrieval page).
When you log in you will see a menu on the left hand side of your page. Select 'CPD records' which will take you directly to the tool. Select 'add a CPD Activity'. Please ensure you 'save' after you complete the entry. A Tutorial - Recording your CPD is available to assist teachers with using the online recording tool.
- The Employer CPD Recording Tool can be reached through QCT Employer Services when schools logon to their accounts. By using the Employer Tool, schools can create a bulk entry for a school-based CPD activity that will then appear on the individual CPD record of each teacher who participated. The Employer CPD Recording Tool Instruction Manual shows how to:
- Log On
- Update the list of teachers at your school
- Add CPD activities to the Employer CPD Record
- Identify teachers who participated in an activity
- Add an activity record to the individual records of participating teachers.
*Representatives of employers, teachers unions, practising teachers, higher education institutions and parent bodies, through their membership of the Queensland College of Teachers Board and Professional Standards Committee were actively involved in the development of the Framework. These key stakeholders participated in focused discussions, debates and decisions about the purpose, principles and content of the Framework.